freitag favorites + summer’s end
After a memorable, fun-filled summer, things are finally settling back to normal in our household. We’re getting used to a quiet, guest-free house, and I’m looking forward to re-establishing my daily schedule as morning gym classes begin again and summer projects wrap up. Even though I’m done with school, this back to school season is still my favorite time of year since it always feels like the perfect time for starting something new.
I’m still compiling my favorite summer highlights, although it should be pretty obvious that watching Martin throw at the European Championships was at the top of the list, and my family visiting was a close second. We explored quite a few new sights around Switzerland that have yet to be posted to here so I really should have plenty of content and time to post since the weather is back to rain again. Some of my favorites sights (and people) from this summer are above. So, until I get my act together and summarize our summer, I’ll leave you with a few recent favorite finds.
I hope you all have a wonderful, sun-filled, long weekend!
- I love the marble island and open shelving in the kitchen of this Michigan home featured recently on Remodelista.
- Martin and I both would like to go back to London this fall, and perhaps we’ll be lucky enough to visit before the dramatic World War I poppy memorial closes in early November. A nice gallery the royal visit to the installation has been compiled on the blog “What Kate Wore.”
- Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s roasted butternut squash and red onion with tahini and za’atar, along with the other salads featured, look like delicious ways to celebrate the end of summer in the kitchen.
- I love many of Ferm Living’s products and would be particularly happy to add a series of these little house shelves to our walls.
- If the sun ever comes back out in Zürich before the end of summer, then I have a date with my blender to make this Peach Cardamom Lemonade.
- If summer doesn’t come back, then this Cornbread Panzanella Salad is on my to do list.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!