freitag favorites + a bit more sun
The first week of our vacation is over and we are soaking in a few last days in a new part of the island. We left this view yesterday to return to the largest Cretan city, Heraklion, so that Martin could meet up with the rest of the Swiss track & field team for the European team championships this weekend.
Our new view is almost as nice, though with a cliff view, but as expected the team hotel is quite a mediocre, all-inclusive resort. That being said, it still has a beach and a sea view so I cannot complain about that as I can still hear the sound of waves. It also is a bit rainy and cooler today, but we may still find some sun at the beach this afternoon.
So, as I head off to see what’s for breakfast, I’ll leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- I’m usually more pro cake, than pie, but right now this fruit pie looks amazing.
- I love Purl Soho’s new linen grid fabric, and just may have to find time to try the lap duvet, apron, or baby pants.
- I wish I could get away with a cut like Kate Mara’s new pixie.
- This new egg replacement sounds a bit crazy, but I’ll have to try it next time I open a can of chickpeas.
- Time to branch out and try a few new and different cooking oils in the kitchen.
- And finally, this Swedish summer cottage is so cute.