Fall has definitely arrived and with all the cool, crisp, and rainy weather this week, we’ve spent a lot of time cuddled up at home, drinking milk (Reese) and chai lattes (me), reading, listening to music, and catching up on tasks around the house.
This week has been quite a bit easier and more fun for me since Martin is back from his work trip. Single parenting is not for me, although I did get a lot done to distract from the length of the days when he was gone. I even finished the new curtains in the wintergarden to go along with the new furniture and the updated room will soon be ready for a reveal here. I’m also hard at work trying to finish another sweater for Reese, not only because with this weather she needs a few more warm layering options, but also because I’m excited to move on to another knitting project.
So, as we head into a quiet weekend, I’ll leave you with some of my favorites from the last few weeks. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
- Weddings profiled in Vogue magazine are usually amazing and this one in an Irish castle is no exception.
- This lake house on Lago Maggiore in southern Switzerland is too sparsely decorated for my taste, but I’ll take those views any day. I dream of waterfront views.
- I’m not wearing much makeup these days, but I still appreciate J. Crew’s beauty notes from their latest NY Fashion Week show. I’m a particular fan of the light, dewy look and low, messy side knot.
- Reese is not a huge fan of being carried in a wrap yet and I’m still perfecting the art of tying the Solly Wrap (my mom and I first practiced carrying a stuffed fox), but these Nesting Days tank/wraps look interesting and a little easier to use than the average wrap.
- I’ve only been to Scotland twice, but it really is a beautiful country with so much more to explore. Hiking the new John Muir Way would be a wonderful way to explore more countryside.
- Another well-designed Swedish apartment. When can I move in?
- I hope to dress Reese in some of the adorable pieces from Mabo when she gets a bit older.