After a wonderful, lazy, snow-filled weekend in Klosters hanging with my two favorite people, we returned home to more rain/hail/snow/fog/sun. This week really was a crazy mix of winter and spring weather.
When I wasn’t playing with a wiggly baby, I kept busy packing for our trip, organizing the chocolate haul we always take home, and doing some early spring de-cluttering, a seemingly never-ending task around here. What do you do with old digital cameras no longer in use and all the electronic cords that must go with something? I’m still waiting to find the Swiss version of Goodwill, willing to take all our random giveaway items, but until then some things will even be taken back to the US for a new life.
Now, as we head into the weekend, I’m counting the few days until we’ll be seeing friends and family, eating out at more reasonable prices (Mexican food!), and shopping (hello Anthropologie!). I’m especially crossing my fingers that Reese will sleep at least some on our flight so that I have time to read all the magazines that have been patiently waiting on my iPad for the last few months. We’ll see how it goes Monday, and how much sleep we get while helping the baby adjust to the 9 hour time change.
Well, I’m off to get some fresh air, so I’ll leave you with my faves for the week . . .
- Comedy // I’m a big fan of Carpool Karaoke, so this WSJ feature on James Corden was a must-read. I also love that he was so covered in Tattly for the photo shoot.
- Quesadillas // We have quesadillas at least weekly for dinner, usually with a black bean spread and a homemade pico de gallo on top, so I’m excited to step up our quesadilla game even further with Food52’s ideas.
- Popover // A popover breakfast equals a wonderful weekend. These poppyseed popovers are now on my breakfast to do list.
- Cheese, A to Z // Where do I sign up to try some of these cheeses?
- Nurseries // Reese’s room may be favorite room in our house, but that doesn’t mean I cannot appreciate other amazing nurseries. This week I particularly loved Emily Henderson’s reveal of her little girl’s room (the wallpaper and daybed!) as well as this nursery in Domino (featuring wallpaper which I also found at Anthropologie and was so, so close to using in Reese’s room).
- Fluffy Bunnies // I won’t be able to crochet these adorable bunnies this Easter, but someone should!
- Animal Crackers // Reese is too young to appreciate them, but baking these homemade animal crackers would still be a blast.