freitag favorites + final days at home
Well, we’re back from a wonderful trip to the US (and what a view to leave behind). My last full week of maternity leave is just about over and I’ll be back at work next Wednesday. I am very, very lucky to have had 7 full months at home with my sweet girl, but I’m still pretty sad that I’ll be away from her three days a week. That being said, once we find a routine I think it will work out alright. We are also blessed to have a team of grandmas and aunties to assist us over the next few months while we adjust and it is very nice that Martin’s schedule also allows him to be home several days a week so he gets to spend more quality time with Reese.
This weekend I plan to enjoy just being home, hopefully with some crafting, reading, baking, and napping. Poor R is still a little jet-lagged, which has made the jet lag also a little worse for us. As Martin said, it is difficult for us to tell how jet-lagged she really is because as the #happiestbabyintheworld she could really just be laying awake sucking her thumb quietly in her room for hours instead of crying. Her marathon daytime naps are starting to regularize and her normal bedtime slowly returning so I think we’ll be back on track in time for me to head to work.
I wish you all a sunny Spring weekend, and hope to see you back here next soon. Here are my favorites from this week . . .
- more chocolate // Another reason to run more? Chocolate. It really can “boost your workout.”
- baby photos // I’m constantly taking pictures of Reese, so I really enjoyed Anne Geddes’ tips on photographing babies.
- daily planner // I still sort of miss using a handwritten planner like in my college days. I’m not sure it would work for all the overlapping work meetings and tasks I expect to have, but I really like the feel and idea of the Guten Tag Method.
- Swiss model-making // What a fascinating job to be responsible for the constantly changing, room-size model of Geneva.
- baby posters // These cool posters feature a life size print of your baby at birth (via the mini style blog).
- sourdough // Since moving to Switzerland, I’ve missed really good sourdough bread so this NYT article inspired me to mix up my own sourdough starter this weekend.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!