It’s not currently raining (or snowing or hailing) and I’m starting to settle in after three weeks back at work so I’d say this weekend is off to a good start. After a week of fickle spring weather, I’m ready for some sun and warmer temperatures. At least we’re starting to find a work day routine and I still have a little time for some good baby cuddles, giggles, and pinches (a new thing) when I get home.
Martin is off to Ticino for a weekend of coaching and throwing so the rest of us are in for a few low-key days at home. I’ll hopefully have time to work on Reese’s fox quilt (above), catch up on magazines, and enjoy some fresh air on another run or two. I hope you have some fun weekend plans.
Hope to see you back here next week. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- in the kitchen // These stuffed shells were on the menu twice this week, and I finally got out my spiralizer to try Sprouted Kitchen‘s Double Pesto Zucchini Noodles. Both were delicious, but the zucchini noodles were particularly great and practically unrecognizable as zucchini. Make them.
- on running // Even though I sometimes forget it, I love to run. Whether I’m feeling slow while running with the stroller or really pushing the pace, just being outside, stretching my muscles, and having the opportunity to reflect on my day feels so good. These 7 spiritual lessons from running really inspired me to be more thoughtful in both my running and worship. (Thanks for sharing, Dad.)
- sew fun // I’ve been really enjoying work on Reese’s fancy fox quilt and the project has really brought back fond memories of many childhood hours spent sewing scraps and quilting with my Grandma Betty. I’m already looking forward to another project and even something as simple as Purl Soho’s wholecloth linen quilt might be a fun project for summer.
- tattooed // These scented floral temporary tattoos would be so fun for summer.
- smart storage // I love the idea of the Lay-n-Go wired accents and Lay-n-Go cosmo cosmetic bags for travel.