It’s a good thing it is going to be a sunny, fun-filled birthday weekend because it was a bit of a sad day in our house as my mother-in-law flew back home to the US after visiting us for a month to help with Reese. We are so lucky to have so much family support this summer and it has been so fun to watch the special bond between Lynn and Reese over the last month.
We are already looking forward to her next visit, and very excited that my mom arrives on Monday for the next month. I’m so happy that Reese will get so much quality time with her grandmas (and Auntie Greta!) and just as thrilled that I’m getting more time with them too!
Tomorrow is my birthday and we have a laid back plan that will hopefully include sunshine, a lakeside walk, coffee, lounging on our terrace, reading, and especially quality time with my two favorite people, starting with morning cuddles like last weekend.
While I’m off to bed to rest up before my smiley, loud alarm clock chimes bright and early, I’ll leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- block print // This cool block-print curtain DIY makes me want to redo the curtains our guest room ASAP.
- metallic tote // You know I’m a big fan of most of Purl Soho’s projects and this metallic linen tote is no exception. Now, how to find enough time during my days off to actually do more of these projects!
- birthday cake // I’ll probably be making my own cake, which is fine with me, so should I choose this red velvet cake (with less frosting) or my all-time favorite angel food cake?
- off the shoulder // I’ve been seeing off the shoulder dresses and tops all for summer, and this dress looks cute and comfortable.
- scrabble // I love Scrabble, but I’m not much of a strategic player. Maybe I could learn something from this approach?