My birthday was really special. It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed a relaxing day with Martin and Reese, including a lakeside walk and coffee in Rapperswil (+ family photo opp), followed by a delicious dinner on our terrace with grilled pizza, salad, and angel food cake with berries. It was a memorable way to start the next year. Then, the celebrating continued once my mom arrived. I’m so happy she’s here to help take care of Reese (and me too).
This weekend we’re hoping for a break in the thunderstorms long enough to enjoy at least one outing, whether just to town or a short road trip away, perhaps to some little French villages nearby.
I wish you all a nice, sunny weekend, and hope to see you back here soon. In the meantime, I leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- hanging art // I need to find a place to hang for one of Comometalworks’ brass mobiles like this one or this one.
- weekend away // Sweden has been on my list of must-visit places for awhile and this week’s WSJ article on a “A Long Summer Weekend in Stockholm” makes me want to plan a trip ASAP.
- perfect plaid // There’s no room in my place (and this won’t fit in my suitcase), but someone needs this windowpane plaid loveseat from Schoolhouse Electric ASAP.
- cookie monster // It’s time to make a new batch of chocolate chip cookies.
- kitchen all-in-ones // I’m intrigued by the idea of a kitchen appliance that chops, blends, mixes, and cooks. The KitchenAid Precise Heat mixing bowl featured here would be an interesting place to start.