Though Martin is off to Geneva for the Swiss Athletics Championships tomorrow (Hopp Martin!), the rest of us are staying home to chill and de-stress. We’ll be sending all our super fan vibes from afar as Reese is recovering from a cold and the 3+ hour drive each way is just too long and uncomfortable for a day trip with a baby, especially as we have mountain-top plans for Sunday.
Last weekend, we took advantage of UBS’s summer mountain railway offer and, after a great trip to the Schilthorn and the beautiful and tranquil Aare River Gorge (Aareschlucht, at right), we’re excited to try and squeeze in as many more weekend day trips as possible. Accessing 35 different mountain railways for only CHF 10/person is a pretty great deal. So, on Sunday, we’ll be off on another adventure.
I’ll be back here next week with more pictures and an update from our other adventures our Switzerland lately, and perhaps even a guest post. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- dye diy // It’s been many years since I’ve done any dyeing, but this cool ice dye DIY from Anthropologie seems like such a fun summer project. Perhaps my sister and I will have some time for another DIY project in the next few weeks.
- summer getaway // We’re starting to plan a short end-of-summer getaway to a beach location in mid-September. My parents will be visiting and we’d love to take R to the beach so we’re trying to decide on which destination that is just a short jaunt (2 hour flight max from Zurich). Ibiza, Mallorca, Cote d’Azur, etc. Our friends loved Ibiza, and this post also makes it sound like it might be a relaxing beach vacay. Other ideas?
- at home // The exterior of this modern barn house in New Zealand is just about perfect.
- waffles // Sign me up for this tour of Belgium.
- clever kitchen // I really like the idea behind these rustic but modern kitchen cabinets.
Have a relaxing weekend!