We’re enjoying a long weekend thanks to Swiss National Day, celebrating the foundation of the Swiss Confederacy (Happy Birthday, Switzerland! 🇨🇭). We’re just laying low after a buy weekend of hiking and sad goodbyes. Our mountain hiking plans were nearly thwarted by a screw in our tire, but we managed a repair with only a 2 hour delay and still made it up to gorgeous Glarus. (More on that on Instagram, and coming soon here.) Yesterday, we sent Greta back home to Portland, but she’ll be back here with two more posts on her view of Switzerland in the next week.
Here’s what is topping this month’s wish-list . . .
- Have you heard of Mud Australia? Their simple, modern ceramic dishes (I especially love their flared bowls) would be a perfect addition to my daily dining tabletop.
- This is the most practical item on this month’s list, but it does relate to a lot of fun we’ve been having lately. We’ve been doing a lot more hiking this summer and, after getting trapped in an unexpected torrential thunder/rain/hailstorm yesterday, this rain cover for my daypack just became a new essential item.
- I’m loving my (brand new) Swatch watch with a slight oil-slick finish.
- I love the look of food52 & aheirloom’s walnut cake stand for my next non-kid birthday party.
- These copper salad spoons are quite cool.
- Birkenstock’s Gizeh sandal is my all-around summer favorite, and this season’s magic galaxy white (which has a subtle glitter difficult to see in this image) is topping my wish-list for wearing the rest of the season.