Happy New Year! We’re just back from a wonderful holiday back in the US. Between a super jet lagged baby, coming down from the high of seeing and now missing all the beloved friends and family we saw over the last few weeks, and the major annoyance of a still lost suitcase, I’m really struggling with the prospect of returning to work tomorrow. Plus, all this cozy, snowy weather isn’t helping my desire to leave the house. So, I’m doing my best to spend the rest of the afternoon thinking only good thoughts, and doing a little planning for this space this year.
While I’m still reveling in all the fun little treats and presents we received over the holidays, I have my eye on some new finds for the new year so here’s what’s topping my wish-list this month . . .
- This banner is a wonderful reminder as we start the new year, and I’m trying to find a home for it on my wall. [Update: Since the time of this post, this banner has sold out, but you can find others by the same artist here.]
- I love the idea of this safety pin brooch on a warm sweater, simple dress, or winter coat.
- I’m ready to bundle up in this cozy, reversible wool cape this winter.
- I gained half a shoe size after having Reese and some of my older boots are still too small. With this weather, I would love a simple, flat bootie like this one from Kork-Ease.
- After receiving and already loving a similar trivet for Christmas, I’m adding this beautiful walnut Scandinavian star trivet to my wish-list as well.