I cannot believe May is here, especially since it snowed last week. Considering the bright palette featured above, I must still have summer colors on my mind. With Martin still away in the US for a wedding, Reese and I are chilling at home and hopefully going to get some sunshine or playground time in. The countdown is on for the arrival of Martin’s sister and her husband (!) next weekend, then Mother’s Day weekend, then my birthday weekend we’ll be in London (!), and then some more friends are coming at the end of month, so we’re in for a good month. Here’s what’s topping my birthday wish-list this month . . .
- I could really go crazy collecting different dinnerware to mix and match. Currently I would love a set of these gray Italian splatterware ceramic pasta bowls.
- My favorite earrings are still the white gold pavé diamond earrings Martin gave me for my birthday a few years ago. They are sparkly and I wear them nearly every day, though sometimes I feel like I want something a little smaller and in another metal. I really love these simple, rose gold bezel set diamond studs.
- I love, love, love this handbag: the color, the shape, the straps, and even more than the other Chloé bag that I have loved for years and appeared on last year’s wishlist.
- I’ve been using RMS highlighter for months and it is so light and perfect (and all natural and organic) and so going into summer I’d love this palette for all over touch-ups during the day.
- My current leather iPhone case is so well-loved that it’s dented and torn so I’m really ready for a little fresh update. The best case selections, of course, are for new iPhones 7 (like this and this) but for my little 6s I really like this light watercolor case from Rifle Paper Co.
- New summer, new Birkenstocks. As I missed my opportunity last year, this year I’m hoping to get my hands on these before they sell out for the summer. And, I’ve heard the natural leather ages into a really lovely cognac brown.