Another week has flown by, and I’m happy to look forward to a quiet work-free weekend out with my two favorite people. Hopefully the sun will come out at some point, especially as we missed our opportunity for grilling and good mexican food for Cinco de Mayo tonight and are hoping nice enough weather for Seis de Mayo fish tacos instead. We’re also looking forward to the arrival of Martin’s sister and brother-in-law on Sunday afternoon for several weeks of fun. On that note, I’m off to bed, and I’ll leave you with this week’s favorites . . .
- sneaks // As I spend most of my time on days off or over the weekend casually dressed and running errands, I’m always on the lookout for a new pair of sneakers. Right now, I’m loving the look of this New Balance pair.
- pouf // With the arrival of a new floor lamp, fresh pillows, and framing a few more pieces of art, our living room is finally coming together. As a finishing touch, I’m seriously considering one or two of these camel leather poufs to replace our white moroccan pouf and finish off the room.
- giant cupcake // This adorable giant cupcake cake makes me wish I’d brought my pan like this over to Switzerland. Maybe I’ll just have to reclaim from a friend for Reese’s second birthday party.
- non-alcoholic spirits // We’re headed to London in a few weeks, and I really want to find and try/buy some Seedlip (or a cocktail). Seedlip is a distilled non-alcoholic spirit perfect making fascinating cocktails at home—with just the addition of tonic. Read more about it on food52’s blog.
- dinner, this week // This week I already made these easy veggie meatballs and they were so good with pasta. Also, these fish tacos with coconut avocado crema are on mind. I’m also looking forward to trying this avocado ramen sometime soon.