How can it already be July? I feel like the summer is already picking up speed and I’m not even ready for it yet. Today the weather is cooler and breezy and we’re excited to be celebrating a friend’s wedding this afternoon. Even Reese is excited about the “hochzeit,” primarily because she finally gets to wear the dress I set out for her last week. I’m also excited for an opportunity to dress up for a summer party. And, for my American friends, hopefully you also have some summer fun planned for patriotic holiday weekend. We won’t be doing anything special for the 4th, but maybe we’ll plan a burger night sometime this week.
In the meantime here’s what’s on my wish-list this month, with hot days, cold drinks, and fun accessories in mind . . .
- Our current coasters are not exactly toddler-friendly. Reese has already co-opted a set of laser cut felt coasters as toys and dropped/cracked most of our ceramic tile coasters. These leather coasters are pretty but not super fragile.
- This brightly embroidered Loeffler Randall clutch would be so cute for a summer date night or party.
- Reese is quickly growing out of her New Balance sneakers from last fall, and I’ve been eyeing these cute Adidas for her next.
- I think these simple wood and brass wall lights would work well in our guest room.
- I love the look of these natural abaca flower placemats, and all the colors are so fun that it is hard to pick my favorite.
- Since both my old blender and then Cuisinart food processor didn’t tolerate having their voltage converted, we’ve moved to only a blender for every day pesto, smoothie, and other grinding/blending needs. But our current blender just doesn’t have the power to really make good slightly thicker sauces/dips as the motor just gets too hot. As the only Cuisinart option around here is a mini processor, I’ve been thinking it may be time to upgrade to a Vitamix instead…perfect for summer shakes, smoothies, pesto, and hummus.