freitag favorites + london
This morning we woke up in Westminster and after a quick stop at Starbucks were off to the Olympic Park for the first session of Athletics/Track & Field. I’ll post more about our day and our trip later, but first I just want to say it is so nice to be back in London.
I tend to forget how close I now am to some places I once loved. My last trip to London was in 2002 on the Walla Walla College (now Walla Walla University) London Tour where we spent almost a month exploring historical sites around London and Scotland (and during which time my dear friend Maggie and I drank a lot of Costa Coffee, shopped and shopped, and generally loved the UK). We have discussed a reunion trip and after finally experiencing how easy it really is to get back here I’m ready to start planning.
Here are a few Freitag favorites from this week:
- Office Style // I’ve found this series visiting a variety of New York offices to consider their office style really interesting. The latest office was that Esquire magazine, but the WSJ has also visited the NY Public Library, a law firm, and fashion site Refinery 29 (to name a few).
- With Coffee or Tea // I cannot wait to try this cornmeal biscotti courtesy of David Lebovitz.
- Glittering Patriotism // I don’t even know what to say about Ryan Lochte’s patriotic grill.
- Swiss Inventions // A photographic inventory of some known (and not so well-known) Swiss inventions. Unfortunately they forgot to mention Ovomaltine (Ovaltine in the US) and goldfish crackers.
- Olympics // Fellow UW alum and Greenlake church attendee Mary Whipple is profiled in the NYT as the coxswain of the USA eight crew.
By the time you read this we will be off to the Olympic Stadium to catch a glimpse of the flame and spend some time cheering for Kibwé Johnson, and some of our other track & field favorites. More to come next week.
Ovomaltine chocolate bars are my new Numero Uno chocolate bar…