Notice any difference between the fall colors in our neighborhood since last week’s post? This week began as fall and ended as winter.
Serendipitously, the first sparkle of snowflakes and Zürich’s Christmas lights arriving together last night, and we topped off the evening with a delicious dinner at our favorite neighborhood restaurant, Bürgli. Despite the fact that we still have a week until Thanksgiving, and I haven’t even decided on our menu yet, I’ve already started my countdown to Christmas. So, this weekend I’ll be in full holiday mode.
We started this afternoon with a pre-holiday prep pilgrimage to Ikea, and this weekend I hope to start/finish knitting our stockings, put up lights and decorations, do a little holiday baking, and see a little more snow in our neighborhood.
Have a great weekend, and I hope you find some fun and inspiration in my finds from this week.
- new year // This calendar would be a fun way to map out the daily details of your 2014.
- cone-acopia // If I was hosting a bigger Thanksgiving dinner this year I might try my own version of this bright and fun centerpiece by Oh Joy!
- comfort food // We just had fabulous polenta at our favorite neighborhood restaurant again and I’m inspired to try cooking more at home. This recipe is on my list.
- tripod light // I don’t need (or have room for) another floor lamp in my apartment, but if I did I would consider this inexpensive and clever copper tripod lamp.
- amazing commercial // If you haven’t seen it already, this new Volvo commercial is worth a watch just for the sunrise and a little Enya.
- fancy dress // I wish I had a holiday party to attend because then I might have a reason for this dress.
- cozy feet // Someone should get these cute slippers.
- vegan cheese plate // I am fascinated by the prospect of this cultured nut cheese plate. I have no intention of going vegan, but I have never seen vegan cheese look so much like real cheese.