freitag favorites + fall running
This weekend is supposed to be sunny and warm so we are considering a day trip to the mountains for a little hiking and fall foliage. In the last two weeks, the best views around here have really been on my afternoon/evening runs. I’ve been slowly expanding my knowledge of the trails within a few miles of our house and have found all sorts of great new hills and views to inspire even more exploring.
Fall is my favorite time of year for running (except the gnats) and so far this fall has been beautiful and all the running has also really helped me control my afternoon/evening blood sugar. Unfortunately it is already getting dark in the evenings around 6:30 here so soon I will have to start running during my lunch hour or commit myself to more time in the gym as I’ve never been a big fan of running in the dark. In any case, I’ll take these views in the meantime. I hope you are also having a beautiful fall!
Have a great weekend, and enjoy my favorite finds from this week…
- I love the complete look of this woodsy, relaxed, and slightly bohemian wedding. I particularly love the bride’s dress and flowers (see the last photo).
- Can Emerson Fry please dress me every day? Please, please.
- This WSJ article on diving in the dark off Hawaii reminds me of how much fun it was to snorkel in the dark off Peter Island in the BVIs with my family many years ago. I don’t think my sister and I would sound as cute singing through our snorkels anymore though. In any case, it also has me thinking that it would be so fun to get some other couples/families together that are interested in splitting a sailboat and skipper for a future vacation with us via Yachts & Friends.
- Some days I really need this funny ostrich mini pillow at my desk.
- This beautiful fall soufflé with baked apples doesn’t really fit well into a diabetic diet, but I would still love to try it sometime.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!