freitag favorites + a baby
Unfortunately it seems that the only time I save for this space is when I’m sick on the couch or happily looking forward to a long weekend. Thankfully, the latter is the case this (good) Friday as we enjoy the first of quite a few public holidays squeezed onto the calendar here in Switzerland between now and the end of May.
Most of the year I wish the holidays were more spread out, but I’ll take what I can get and looking forward to both a free Friday and Monday this weekend and several more holidays later this month.
This week was particularly momentous in our household as we officially announced online the arrival of our first baby in September. While this news was not a surprise to most of our family and friends, it was really nice to share our excitement with everyone via Facebook and Instagram. Baby Bing is much loved already and most of time is already occupied by thoughts of planning for her arrival, at least when not indulging in recent (and strange) pregnancy cravings like Subway veggie delite sandwiches, pickles, pineapple, citrus fruits, and strawberries.
This Easter weekend I’m hoping to start/finish knitting a little sweater, work on nursery plans, and generally have time to pick up and organize around the house. Spring cleaning combined with early nesting means increasing productivity at home. Today’s plans include banana bread baking, closet cleaning, lounging and reading, and enjoying the sun while it lasts, as most of this week the weather has felt more fall than spring due to the heavy rain and winds.
Have a Happy Easter, and enjoy my favorite finds from the last few weeks . . .
- Spending a night on top of a ski jump sounds a little strange, but I enjoyed seeing this ready room for ski jumpers on top of this Norwegian ski jump turned into a cozy bedroom.
- These iridescent clouds are so cool.
- We’re having a big Mexican food feast (homemade tortillas and all) with friends this Easter, and I’m excited to try this minty mocktail.
- I’m all for inspiring little ones to use their imaginations and enjoy making and sharing food, but the world of toy kitchens is a little too much for me.
- I’m on the lookout for a few more chairs for our new, longer dining table and I’m wondering about how several of the cool cork benches by Ilse Crawford’s new collection for Ikea might look on one side. I also like the look of the settee.
- And finally, there is nothing more Easter-y than admiring some cuddly, fluffy bunnies.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!