freitag favorites, a little late
This freitag favorites comes a day late, though technically it was still Friday on the West Coast when I finished it up. Since I already have some other favorites planned for next week, I didn’t want to miss my opportunity to still share a few with you this week. Martin took Friday off giving me a bit more time to organize my thoughts while Reese was busy playing with him and practicing her new thumb-sucking skill (which she can also do while smiling).
This weekend I have nothing planned except pre-Christmas baking for my office colleagues, finishing a baby sweater for Reese (finally!), and reading. I’ve finished the yoke and assembled the body of the sweater so all that is left is the side seams and blocking. It is also supposed to sunny this weekend so I may also finally get outside for a run on Sunday. Martin and I both seem to be fighting off colds at the moment so hopefully we get a little more rest and don’t pass anything off to Reese.
We’re also excitedly thinking about our trip to the States in mid-March. Ticket prices seem to be pretty reasonable (< $2000 for all of us round-trip) at the moment so perhaps we can snag something that fits our agenda before the prices go up.
I hope you are enjoying your December days. I cannot believe there are less than two weeks until Christmas! Enjoy your weekend, and my faves below:
- This NYT feature on trendy tofu makes me want to head to SF immediately to try some.
- I’m trying to decide what to bake for my coworkers this Christmas. Normally I stick with almond poppyseed bread, but I may try several types of cookies this year. These Cinnamon Stars from the WSJ look good, and I’m also considering these gluten-free options from the NYT.
- I’m pretty sure Purl Soho’s tunisian crochet pom-pom hat would look adorable on Reese.
- In our room, the top of our dresser is unfortunately always piled high with laundry and clothes to fold so this Sacrificial Chair would be a useful and clever addition.
- I’m always looking to try a new granola recipe, particularly in advance of all our Christmas company, and this Granola with Popped Quinoa may be the next to try.
Love the sacrificial chair!