This month marks both my first Mother’s Day and my 35th birthday so I’ve got lots to celebrate. 🙂 I don’t mind aging, but I certainly don’t think of myself as that old/adult when I think about. (Really, how can my college days be so far away already? And law school, too.) That being said, my life is so much more complete shared with Martin and Reese, but I could happily be perpetually 34.
One think I have noticed as I’ve gotten older and my birthday (the day itself) seems more and more like another regular day is that I like the idea of celebrating with memorable gifts that stick around and remind me of a specific time. I still love (and regularly wear) the little diamond necklace my parents gave me for my 30th, and if necklaces weren’t so difficult to wear with Reese right now, I definitely would be wishing for this little sapphire one to pair with it.
So here’s what else is topping this month’s big wish-list . . .
- More sunshine and longer daylight hours = more running in this house and as my five-year-old Nike+ watch is starting to fade, I’d love a new lightweight watch like this Garmin Forerunner for tracking my steps and running routes.
- I’d love a new tray to hold my olive oil, salt and pepper grinders and knife block, and I think this marble one would be so nice on our counters.
- Some new sparkly studs, mini hoops or threader earrings are always on my wishlist. My particular favorites right now are these Monika Vinander diamond/rose gold circle studs, Ariel Gordon emerald/rose gold mini huggie hoops (love that they are my birthstone), Maya Brenner diamond threaders (so simple, but so elegant), and these Luna Sky rose gold/diamond leaf studs (gorgeous!).
- I’ve been wanting to try a pair of Bryr clogs and would love to receive the Miranda peep toes in a two-tone neutral for summer (i.e. flint/bone and white gold).
- I sent my Cuisinart home with my mom last fall as it just wasn’t handling the power conversion here. Since then there’s been a noticeable decline in homemade pizza dough, easily grated cheese, homemade salsa, etc. I’ve finally located one with EU voltage and it’s definitely on my wish-list, especially as fresh dough would be the perfect complement to my grill-top pizza stone this summer.
- This Chloe bag has been on my dream wishlist for about 6 years and I still think it is just about the perfect bag. A good size and in lots of wonderful colors for spring/summer, it’s definitely moving up on the dream list. My favorite colors right now are royal navy (a classic, as above), steel blue (so bright and fun!), and sunflower yellow. I also love the mini cross-body version, although it isn’t as practical.