freitag favorites + defrosting
The freezing cold weather of the last few weeks is finally on its way out and for the first time in days my ears didn’t hurt on the walk to the train. I’d love it if we got some more snow, but I’m a little tired of just super cold gray days.
Last Saturday we spent a day in snowy Andermatt (and enjoyed the joy of Reese’s first sledding adventure). Tomorrow we’re planning a quiet day and then we’ll on Sunday we’re off to a coffee cupping at Mame Coffee, a new fave coffee shop, followed by the Annie Leibovitz exhibition of portraits of women.
So, I wish you a nice weekend, and I’ll leave you with my favorites this week . . .
- more cookies // Call me cookie crazy, but we baked two batches of these peanut butter cookies this week and they are so good that I may never *need* to eat a Reese’s peanut butter cup or Reese’s pieces again.
- cool walls // I still love our dining room wallpaper mural, and now I’m seriously considering adding wallpaper on one of our bedroom walls. I love some of Chasing Paper’s patterns, and am super excited about their collaboration with Rebecca Atwood launching next month. Check out their instagram here.
- dc // My mom, Reese, and I will get to spend 6 days in Washington, D.C. next month and since I’ve never really been, I’m compiling tips and resources to decide what to do, see, and eat. This article has some interesting ideas. Do you?
- sneakers // I’m on a total trainer/sneaker/tennis shoe/sporty shoe kick lately, and (thanks to a super bruised toe) even wore these to work one day this week. I’m still itching to find a new high top and I’m strangely drawn to these metallic gray mid-tops, even though they are way outside my reasonable price range.
- calendar // Still looking for a 2017 calendar? I’m thinking of printing this cool and colorful design for my office.
- the weather // The weather fanatics in my family might find this article of weather forecasting interesting. I’m sure my mom will want to go to this exhibit when she visits in March.
Schönes Wochenende from the three of us!
Definitely want to go to the weather exhibit!