freitag favorites + spring
Hey, it’s me, I’m still here! We’ve got a quiet, Mother’s Day weekend planned filled with lots of family time, hopefully sunny weather, and some more time outside. So, despite my little early spring hiatus, I’m easing back into this space by sharing some of my favorites that have been piling up over the last few months away from blogging. Enjoy!
- magazine // I love reading magazines, but since moving to Switzerland I’ve pretty much given up on printedmagazines, except while traveling. Subscriptions are just not as easy to get over here, and so I transitioned to subscriptions on my iPad. This worked well, but then I got behind and I started feeling guilty about paying for so many subscriptions when I didn’t have time to read them all. Recently I discovered an app that has changed my magazine-reading life: Texture. For just $9.99 you get access to hundreds of magazines, including all my favorites, and you can save favorites, set them for auto-download, etc. Since then I’ve been able to cancel nearly all my subscriptions and just read all magazines in one spot. Even better, if I feel like a lazy evening reading People or want to look up a review in Consumer Reports, I can do it easily in the app without having to buy an issue or another subscription. Check it out!
- stamps // I still have 2.5 more months to find a time to check out this stamp exhibition in Bern.
- gardening // I wouldn’t say I have a super green thumb, but I like plants a lot and am making some big plans (with help) for our terrace this summer. Martin tipped me off on this article about this show, and it was a fun way to learn a little more about gardening and get some inspiration for our own future yard.
- diy // I am saving these oversized plywood pegboard instructions for future use.
- ice cream // On my summer agenda, trying as many of these places on this Zurich ice cream guide as possible.
- rhubarb // I’m a big fan of rhubarb and this easy and delicious cake even made it on my mid-week baking list. Yum, yum, yum. I think I’ll go have some now…
Have a nice weekend!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!